Email： [email protected]
Tel：+86 755 89918655
Address： No.68, BaiGongAo Industrial Zone, Xikeng Community, Guanlan Town, Longhua District, Shenzhen City, 518110, China
Lithium Iron Phophate Batteries (LiFePO4) Advantages VS Lead Acid Battery
Author: source: Datetime: 2016-12-16 09:32:31
Today, many electronic systems are backed up or run exclusively from solar power and solar power batteries. Those systems such as closed-circuit surveillance systems, remote alarms and environmental monitoring systems may require DC (direct current) power storage and others such as Moto Vehicle, Marine. For the last few decades, Absorbant Glass Mat (AGM) lead acid batteries were the go-to product and now AGM batteries play an important role. AGM batteries were considered the most viable battery solution despite their consistently mediocre performance and unimpressive results. The challenges for these batteries are temperature extremes, weight, size and life span. As for lithium ion phophate batteries, the challenges for users are the price.
Many systems used AGM batteries require annual battery replacement to ensure reliability. Often, the labor cost for replacing AGM batteries exceeds the cost of the product itself, especially in Australia, Europe, North American, ect. The risks and hazards associated with frequent battery changes are also high with this technology.
LifePO4 Offers A Better Battery Solution For Battery Storage System
Let's list the benefits of choosing lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries compared to Lead Acid batteries:
1. LifePO4 batteries have a life span 10 times longer than that of traditional lead acid batteries.
This dramatically reduces the need for battery changes.
2. LifePO4 batteries operate with much lower resistance and consequently recharge at a faster rate.
Less charging time: less than 2 hours
3. LifeP04 lightweight batteries are lighter than lead acid batteries, usually weighing about 1/4 less.
4. LifeP04 provides twice the battery capacity in the same amount of space.
5. With operating ranges from -40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, LifePO4 batteries handle far wider variations in temperature.
6. LifePO4 batteries are non Toxic to the Environment
7. LifePO4 batteries is 98% Energy efficient
Obviously, When deciding between lead acid and lithium-ion technology, the better option is clear. Lithium iron phosphate batteries serve your needs most efficiently and power your electronic systems with reliability for many years to come.